Monday, June 6, 2011
Sweet Strawberry Scones
A good scone can be so difficult to find. Mainly because the recipe is usually cumbersome to make, or the texture is incredibly dry. These are spectacular. They are a breeze to throw together you just whip everything up in a food processor and they are heavenly little clouds of berry goodness. Please try these for breakfast or tea, but I warn you they puff and will be much larger than expected, so cut a little on the small side.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg yolk
1 cup fresh strawberries cut up into small cubes
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Whip together everything in a food processor except for the buttermilk, egg yolk, and strawberries.
3. through the tube pour in the egg yolk and buttermilk.
4. Pulse until the dough comes together.
5. Flour your board and shape dough folding in the strawberries until they distributed.
6. Using a sharp knife or a bench scraper cut the dough into triangles or squares.
7. Place on parchment lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Serve with butter and strawberry jam.
As always, much love, many blessings and happy baking.
- December (7)
- November (11)
- October (5)
- August (4)
- June (6)
- May (6)
- April (1)
- February (1)
- January (1)
- November (1)
- September (1)
- April (2)
- March (4)